Hello friends how are you? I am so excited to join you here at DIY Craftz. Have you ever thought of a DIY Holiday?
Is holiday music playing throughout your house? Have you put your tree yet? We were lucky to put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving and began the daily routine of having Christmas music on. Our Alexa is certainly getting her work out. Now you may be asking this holiday season, “Why should we have a DIY holiday?” Here are five reasons why it’s a great idea.
#5 Making things can be lots of fun and can get your creative juices flowing.
- I truly love spending hours looking through Pinterest for the next fun idea. Where do you like to find your ideas?
- What kind of crafts do you like to make? Do you have a board on Pinterest that you are just itching to try something out? Well now is as great a time as any to pull out that board and start working on some fun ideas.
- Being creative and putting time into making something can be so therapeutic especially on these days of short days and winter weather. I know they bring a ray of sunshine into my life.
#4 Homemade decorations by the kids or yourself can have so much meaning and can help build family time memories.
- I know my kids love pulling out the crafting supplies and making all kinds of stuff. What a fun memory it would be to stop what you are doing and make alongside them.
- You can laugh and create together while you binge listen to your Christmas or holiday favorite songs.
#3 What’s Christmas without lots and lots of homemade cookies?
- Have you ever thought of baking and cooking as a DIY? I think that cookies and baking are definitely an art. And once again this can be really therapeutic.
- Once again employ the kids and make cookies, messes, and memories. Make it all about hanging with the kids and spending time with them and not about the go, go, go, but slow down and enjoy it while you can. I know I always forget to do this.
#2 It can possibly save you money.
- If you own a bunch of crafting materials or you have some great coupons for one of the many craft stores around then yes it can save you money. But if you don’t already have the materials it could be rather expensive.
- But on the other hand, If you are making several of the same kind of gifts, then it could save you money in the long run.
#1 Who doesn’t love a handmade gift?
- I know that receiving a handmade gift means more to me than any store-bought gift.
- Thinking about the time, effort and thought that went into the gift is what makes it meaningful.
What do you think about the idea of having a DIY handmade holiday? What other reasons can you think of for going DIY this year? I would love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them below in the comments. Have a very merry DIY Holiday season.