Time is flying by and Christmas is upon us! Time for snow and winter fun! Well, not exactly for us here in the south. It was in the 70’s yesterday and a snowman would not stand a chance around here. All hope is not lost because with a few supplies from Dollar Tree we can whip up a faux snow globe in no time.
- Figure of your choice (I used the snowman salt and pepper shaker)
- Large DIY clear ornament
- Faux snow
- LED snowflake or snowflake ornament
- Ribbon or other embellishments
- Glue gun
- Take your large clear ornament and the figure you wish to use in your snow globe and determine the size of the opening you will need to insert the figure into the ornament.
- Carefully cut the opening in the ornament using the Dremel tool. Go slow and use light pressure to avoid melting the plastic. I made a mess of the first one I tried, so it does take a little practice to get a nice clean cut. A good hacksaw with a sharp blade would work very well in place of the Dremel tool.
- Place the ornament into a cup to keep it from rolling and being crushed. I used a coffee cup and it was the perfect size. The cup can also be used to hold the ornament once you place the faux snow inside.
- Now take your figure and hot glue it to the center of your snowflake. Since I was using a salt shaker, there were holes in the top of the snowman’s hat that I wanted to cover up. I did this by placing a small dollop of hot glue on top and pressing it into the faux snow.
- Once you have the figure glued down fit it into the ornament to check for size. Once that is done, place a bead of hot glue on the snowflake you are using for a base. Carefully place the figure into the ornament taking care to align the seam in the ornament to the sides of the figure.
- Once the glue is dried place base of LED snowflake into the tea light holder and embellish with ribbon or elements of your choice.
There are so many ways to personalize this quick and easy craft! The figure inside the globe doesn’t have to be holiday themed. You could use action figures, small cars or trucks, animals whatever you wanted to truly make it one of a kind!
Sissy Posey lives in South Carolina and has worked for County Government for the past 28 years. She is an avid crafter and loves to try new things! She loves to spend time with her 3 dogs and her family (in that order lol).
Youtube – https://youtu.be/CEpBPt89mGE
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/sissycandoit/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/sissy_can_do_it/
email – [email protected]